Can I stop my spouse from moving to a different state?


If your spouse is moving to a different state with your children and you disagree with it, you need to talk to an attorney right away. You absolutely can stop someone from taking your children across state lines. But you can’t do it yourself. I have clients come and talk to me, and if you file a lawsuit after hiring an attorney, you can put some rules in place that prevent a parent from removing the children from the state without the other parent’s permission. But you have to do that with the help of an attorney.

Empowering Clients.

Achieving Results. ®