Chris Kirker is a Texas trial lawyer handling highly contested divorce and custody matters. Chris has been successfully handling divorce and custody cases for years and places intense focus and attention on every client he works with. While most cases do not go to trial, Chris knows the importance of being ready for trial should it become necessary.
After successfully handling many divorce and custody matters Chris has received numerous awards related to his prior clients’ satisfaction with his work. He has been named a top 100 Trial Lawyer in the State of Texas by the National Trial Lawyers (2014-2015). Further, he has consistently been named one of the Top Ten Texas Family Law Attorneys under 40 by the National Association of Family Law Attorneys (2012-2015).
Chris frequently handles highly contested property matters, including but not limited to: claims of separate property and divorces involving business interests.
For custody matters, Chris has successfully represented Fathers, Mothers and even Grandparents in highly contested cases. As a father himself, Chris takes seriously a parent’s most precious gift: time with their child.
Chris graduated with honors from Baylor Law School, was a member of the Baylor Law Review, and finished in the top 10% of his graduating class.
Chris clerked at the international law firm of Norton Rose Fulbright (formerly Fulbright & Jaworski, LLP) in San Antonio as well as Scott, Douglass, & McConnico, LLP located in Austin, Texas. Chris also interned for Federal Judge Walter S. Smith in Waco, Texas and Valero Energy Corp., the largest refiner in the United States.
Chris’ areas of practice include Divorce, Custody, Child Support, Family Violence, and other Family law matters.
- Baylor University School of Law, cum laude,J.D.; member, Baylor Law Review
- Syracuse University, cum laude, B.A. Psychology
- Divorce with Business interests
- Pre- and Post-Marital Agreements
- Child Support
- Separate Property Claims
- Informal Marriage (Common Law Marriage)
- Family Law
- Supreme Court of Texas
- Austin Bar Association; Family Law Section
- Williamson County Bar Association
- Travis County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Capital Area Trial Lawyers Association
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 Under 40 Trial Lawyer – 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015
- National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 Trial Lawyer in the State of Texas – 2014, 2015
- National Academy of Family Law Attorneys (NAFLA) Top Ten Under 40, State of Texas, 2014, 2015
- The National Advocates Top 100 Lawyers, State of Texas, 2015
- The National Advocates Top 40 Under 40, State of Texas 2015
- Executive Committee, The National Advocates, Top 40 Under 40
- National Association of Distinguished Counsel: Nation’s Top One Percent 2015-2016
- American Institute of Family Law Attorneys: 10 Best in the State of Texas; Client Satisfaction
2013, 2014, 2015
- AVVO Top Divorce Attorney 2012-2015